Welcome to the Board of Education. Links to meeting minutes, meeting dates and other important information can be accessed by using the buttons to the left.
Board Meetings are normally held the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month, however, with school breaks, etc. the schedule does vary slightly. Please click on the Board of Education Meeting Dates for a complete list of dates. Special meetings are held when necessary and notification will be posted.
Our Mission : The mission of the Boonton Township School district is to provide a solid educational foundation for all students, while challenging them to fulfill their individual potential. This potential is best achieved through a diversified curriculum designed to meet the needs and aspirations of all students, while fostering self-esteem, independent thinking and respect for individual differences.
To accomplish this mission, instruction shall be presented in an exciting manner designed to challenge all levels of capability and encourage, on behalf of our children, a lifetime love and appreciation of learning. For this mission to succeed, all facets of the school and community must work together efficiently.
Board Goals 2017-2018
Board goals constitute a professional development improvement plan directed towards increasing knowledge and skills in policy making and governance for members of the Board.
1. Continue to explore enrichment opportunities that benefit students in a digital age.
2. Create a mechanism to track and monitor student progress as programming continues to expand.
3. Improve and expand upon mechanisms for articulation with Mountain Lakes and within the Boonton Township School District.
4. Explore the most effective way to engage the community and involve them in the school.
District Goals 2017-2018
The Board adopts district-wide goals and performance measures that reflect that highest priority is given to student achievement.
1. Pursue alternative revenue sources and cost reduction opportunities.
2. Continue articulation with Mountain Lakes Board of Education to establish joint goals that benefit our students.
3. Evaluate the current committee structure to assess its effectiveness and make modifications as needed.
Boonton Township Board of Education Meeting Schedule
* 2nd Wednesday
School Election - Tuesday, November 7
The regular session meetings of the Boonton Township Board of Education are held on the first and third Wednesday of each month unless otherwise noted in the Rockaway Valley School Library/Media Center (unless otherwise noted), located at 11 Valley Road, Boonton Township, New Jersey. The meeting start time is 7:30pm (unless otherwise noted).
Boonton Township Public Schools - Rockaway Valley School